Weird question. I know you’re smashing the numbers Ruben and so who really cares.
If you do want to track discipline then you can do the following for 7 days –
- Set a firm start and end time to the work day
- Set a firm series of goals for the week
- For the entire 7 days (or 5 working days) track in an electronic calendar the task you are doing every 30 minutes
- At the end of the week, group all the different activities together into chunks (prospecting, follow up, admin etc) and see how much time was wasted VS how much time was actually spent towards achieving your goals.
- Report this back to the manager
This is a tough task but on the few occasions that I’ve done it, I found that there was a shit tonne of time that I was wasting each week. Both on dumb tasks but on things like being slow to get going in the morning. I thought I was working from 8am but really I was faffing around checking email, planning my day, hanging with the dogo etc.